Sunday 29 September 2024

County Hotel Development (Update)

I recently had the opportunity to inspect progress on the redevelopment of the site of the former County Hotel on Wilmslow Road. The site already has planning permission for a development of 14 apartments, but an amendment has recently been applied for which would see this number increase to 16 apartments.

The former County Hotel is a key gateway to our village of Alderley Edge and I know that residents are keen to know when the works are going to be completed, given that the site has been left in a state of dereliction and decay for a number of years. Thankfully, all that is now changing and works to transform the site have been ongoing for several months.

I would like to record my thanks to the representatives of Stockport Developments Ltd for allowing me access to the site and for showing me round. I would also like to thank them for finding a number of local community projects through voluntary infrastructure contributions, including the new cycle shelter at South Street Car Park and a pedestrian refuge on Wilmslow Road.

The following photographs give an indication of progress to date, as well as of the views which will be enjoyed by the eventual occupants of the apartments. Final completion is expected in Summer 2025. 

(c) photos are property of Cllr Craig Browne and may be reproduced with relevant credits.

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note that whilst I am pleased to publish and respond to comments left by residents, any comments left anonymously will be deleted.