Wednesday 18 August 2021

CLOSURE OF ALDERLEY ROAD FOR LINING WORKS - UPDATED

I am delighted to confirm that lining works will shortly be carried out along the full length of Alderley Road, from Whitehall Bridge Roundabout through to the Kings Arms Roundabout. Many residents have contacted me over recent weeks to express their concern that the road markings on the approach to Whitehall Bridge Roundabout have worn away.

When I attended the opening of the new cycle route in April, I noticed that the road markings on the approach to the roundabout (which is in Alderley Edge Ward) had all but disappeared and I observed the confusion this was causing among drivers who were unaware that the left hand lane is in fact left-turn only. This had led to a number of near misses, which I was able to bring it to the attention of officers whilst we were on-site.

Whilst there is a long term plan to widen the southbound approach to the roundabout and create a third lane (linked to the planning application on the former Royal London site), for the time being Alderley Road will be closed to traffic on Monday 20th September during which all of the road markings will be refreshed. *revised date to co-incide with lining works taking place on Knutsford Road, Alderley Edge*

Residents and businesses directly impacted will receive a letter from Cheshire East Highways, advising them of the timing of the closure and official diversion routes. I would like to take this opportunity to thank officers and engineers from Cheshire East Highways for responding positively to my request for this work to be carried out.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note that whilst I am pleased to publish and respond to comments left by residents, any comments left anonymously will be deleted.