Friday 20 July 2018

RAILWAY BRIDGE RESURFACING CONFIRMED

Following my recent blog post (Railway Bridge to Close for Two Weeks) I am delighted to now confirm that London Road/Wilmslow Road from the junction with Heyes Lane to the junction with Ryleys Lane is to be resurfaced this summer. The bridge is due to close from 6th to 19th August, during which time Network Rail will be carrying out works to improve pedestrian safety, as well as the security of the West Coast mainline; at the same time, Cheshire East Highways will be carrying out a complete resurfacing of the road. I have been pressing for the work to be included in this year’s capital programme and I would like to thank the officers from CE Highways for responding positively to my requests. During the closure the alternative route for vehicles will be via:- Wilmslow Road, Harden Park Roundabout, Melrose Way, Frog Lane Roundabout, Congleton Road, London Road and vice versa which is considered to be the most suitable route and will be signed accordingly.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note that whilst I am pleased to publish and respond to comments left by residents, any comments left anonymously will be deleted.