Friday 15 September 2017

WORST FOOTPATHS IN ALDERLEY EDGE

Residents may be aware that I recently submitted a request to CE Highways for the footpath on West Street in the village centre to be included in next year's capital budget for resurfacing. Following a meeting of the Area Highways Group yesterday, the early indications are that West Street will be included in next year's programme. I have also been asked to highlight any other footpaths that are of particular concern and therefore plan to ask for Stevens Street to be included as well. Whilst I am aware that I won't get everything on my "shopping list" I would like to ask residents to tell me of any other areas that they think should be prioritised in either 2018 or 2019.



2 comments:

  1. Hi Craig
    It would be great if the crossovers onto London Road could be made like those around The Festival Hall & AEMC. Croydon Highways did this along Lower Addiscombe Road, making it much easier for everyone to get around, especially wheeled access users!
    Kind regards
    Jenny & ,Bernard Bentley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenny & Bernard,

      Thanks for your question. I am happy to confirm that we will shortly be having dropped kerbs installed at the junctions of Stevens Street and South Street, as well as near the Post Office on West Street. As you will see on a separate thread, we are also getting two new disabled parking bays on Church Lane, outside St Philips Church.

      Best wishes,
      Craig

      Delete

Please note that whilst I am pleased to publish and respond to comments left by residents, any comments left anonymously will be deleted.