Monday 7 March 2022

DROPPED KERB TO BE INSTALLED ON CHURCH LANE

In response to a request from the Parochial Church Council of St Philip & St James, I am pleased to confirm that Cheshire East Highways are to install a dropped kerb outside the main entrance on Church Lane. I was first approached by the PCC last year and before Christmas held an onsite meeting with our Local Area Highways Officer.

The PCC have asked for a dropped kerb to help visitors using the two disabled parking bays on Church Lane, as well as to assist funeral directors who are attending services at the church. Following my discussion with the Local Area Highways Officer, I am delighted that the dropped kerb will be installed next week (between Monday & Wednesday).

As well as the PCC, I have also emailed Mrs Lindsey Walsh, Head Teacher at Alderley Edge Community Primary School, to advise that the footway on Church Lane will be closed (along with a number of the existing parking bays) next Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday and to ask parents not to use Church Lane for pick-up and drop-off on these days.

Traffic management will be in place whilst the works are being undertaken. As always, I would like to thank officers from Cheshire East Highways for responding positively to my request.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note that whilst I am pleased to publish and respond to comments left by residents, any comments left anonymously will be deleted.