Tuesday 12 March 2019

MOTTRAM ROAD SCHEME FUNDING APPROVED

Last Thursday I chaired a meeting of the Wilmslow Area Highways Group, which covers Alderley Edge, Wilmslow & Handforth. I am very pleased to confirm that I was able to secure funding of £6,000 from the Group's £21,835 annual budget to fund the implementation of a new scheme for Mottram Road (this was in response to requests from residents, going back to 2016).

The scheme will see the creation of an additional six or seven long-stay parking bays on Mottram Road (in the area shown on the attached photograph), whilst the double yellow lines on the cricket field side of Mottram Road will be extended to prevent obstructive double parking, as well as providing some additional protection to the grass verge.

I am pleased to have secured the funding for this project, which I know residents have been waiting a long time for. The scheme will be implemented during the course of the 2019/20 financial year, although at this stage I cannot give an exact date. I am pleased that the funding will also enable some historic issues with the parking bays on Trafford Road and Stevens Street to be addressed.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note that whilst I am pleased to publish and respond to comments left by residents, any comments left anonymously will be deleted.