Sunday 12 August 2018

ALDERLEY EDGE REFLECTS - EVENT

This Thursday afternoon, an event is taking place at Alderley Edge Library to mark the centenary of the end of World War I. Aimed at young people aged 7+, this event is free to attend and will involve writing letters and telegrams to send back to solidiers in 1918, via the Keeping Watch portal. The event will be taking place on Thursday 16th August between 2pm - 4pm and our library staff have asked me to promote it via my blog, which I am very happy to do. This is one of a series of special events that the staff have arranged this summer and I would encourage as many residents as are able, to go along and support them and our library, which continues to be a valuable community resource.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note that whilst I am pleased to publish and respond to comments left by residents, any comments left anonymously will be deleted.