Friday 18 August 2017

17/1977M (NETHERBROOK - CHORLEY HALL LANE)

I am pleased to report that this application was REFUSED at Northern Planning Committee on Wednesday. The application was for the construction of a five-bedroom property, in the garden of the existing dwelling known as "Netherbrook". My fellow committee members agreed that the proposals represented an over development of the site and that the new dwelling would be out of keeping with the character of the area. The application was considered by Northern Planning Committee at my request and had been recommended for APPROVAL by CE planning officers.


2 comments:

  1. Further to my previous comment (which was deleted), what is happening to this site now? Work is obviously taking place there and Gustav Bonnier are advertising that a give bedroomed house is being built there. I thought permission had been refused?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deborah,
      Thanks for your question. To clarify, the application was refused after it was heard by Cheshire East Council's Northern Planning Committee in August, at my request; however, the applicant then chose to appeal this decision with the Planning Inspectorate and the appeal was upheld by the Appeal Inspector on 23rd January. You can read a copy of the Inspector's decision and his reasons for overturning the members' original decision, using the following link: http://doc.cheshireeast.gov.uk/NorthgatePublicDocs/07960297.pdf

      The Inspector's decision was a great disappointment to me; however, I hope this helps to clarify why the building work is now going on.

      Kind regards,
      Craig

      Delete

Please note that whilst I am pleased to publish and respond to comments left by residents, any comments left anonymously will be deleted.